Sunday, September 9, 2007

ScrapFest 2007






This past weekend at the Mall of America was ScrapFest 2007 hosted by Archiver's...a Minnesota photo memory store. The first Archiver's store was opened in 1999 I believe and now this company has completely EXPLODED with numerous stores nationwide and still growing. I first started going to Archiver's back in 2000 at their 1st store in Apple Valley. The event draws hundreds of obsessed scrapbooking geeks like myself from all over the country.

I love scrapbooking..it's my hobby, my creative outlet and a way for me to preserve all the wonderful memories of my life.

I want to share a fun project that I completed this past weekend (the pictures shown here are just a few pages from the album). I took a class by Elsie Flannigan, a well-known name in the industry, called Travel Love. Elsie actually taught the class which was so fun and one of the reasons why I signed up for the class. She is sweet, a bit shy, cute as a button and amazingly creative. (http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/) I took the class because I wanted to expand my scrapbooking skills...and Elsie's work is so "out of my comfort zone" in how I scrapbook. Needless to say, I am THRILLED with my little album. (The album is a trip I took to Tallahassee back in Fall 2005 with Ann, Sara and Jen.)

1 comment:

beth said...

hey there! i am so glad you left a comment. it's so good to hear from you. that's crazy we were both at her class on saturday. i wish i would have known and i would have looked for you. it got so rushed at the end with the next class setting up.

your book looks great. i will be posting my book tonight on my blog.

thanks for leaving the comment. it was really good to hear from you.

p.s. do you still have my e-mail address?